Loading... Please wait...
by Myles Biggs
The Oswego II recently won the 2016 Jerry Rouleau Award for Excellence in Home Design for the Outstanding Model Home/Sales Center category.Located in Traverse City, MI, this small footprint, Cape Cod home was designed for those looking to downsize, while still wishing to surround themselves with luxurious amenities.
With its cottage-style curb appeal, the Oswego II fits smoothly into coastal or wooded areas – perfect for this builder’s proximity to Lake Michigan. Traverse City is one of the wealthiest areas in Michigan, so while this model home has a small footprint (only 1,197 finished square feet), its interior features luxurious amenities which are highly sought after by the surrounding market.
This model home boasts:
- a gourmet kitchen with a large island that features a raised bar near the entrance of the home, perfect as an entrance area to drop keys or the mail
- rustic barn wood accents on the ceiling of the master bedroom and over the kitchen island
- sliding barn doors over the entertainment center
- a custom utility room with built in cabinetry
- a large master bathroom with a couple’s vanity, built in linen storage and a walk-in shower
- space on the unfinished upper level to add two additional bedrooms and an additional bathroom
What's your favorite part of this award winning home?